Park Maintenance –Seasonal
Village of Caseyville, IL
Position will perform a variety of maintenance duties pertaining to the overall operation of grounds and facilities located in the Parks, Cemetery, as well other Village owned facilities.
Duties for these positions include (but are not limited to): maintenance, mowing, weeding, tilling, raking, other manual tasks, manual labor including lifting heavy materials & working in adverse weather conditions, janitorial functions in restrooms and park facilities to maintain a clean environment, including litter pick up and disposal, operate equipment such as park vehicles, mowers, tractors, etc.; other duties as assigned for the benefit of the Parks Department.
• 18 years of age or older;
• Must be able to pass random drug testing and physical;
• Ability to efficiently and courteously interact with people;
• Qualities such as competence, independence, self-sufficiency, dependability;
• Ability to walk, run, stand, and sit and complete a variety of motor skills;
• Ability to lift and carry 30-70 pounds regularly;
• Ability to hear and see well;
• Valid driver’s license in good standing;
• Ability to work in hot, cold, wet and/or other unpleasant outdoor conditions;
• Ability to use or learn to use a variety of tools and equipment;
• Ability to pass a physical and background check;
• Must be self-motivated and poses the ability to be productive with limited supervision;
• Regular attendance. Regular work hours, Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. weather permitting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED.
Position will be open until filled. The application form can be found at Caseyville Village Hall located at 909 South Main Street, Caseyville, IL. Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position should send the application form and Resume to:
Village of Caseyville, 909 South Main Street, Caseyville Il 62232, Attention: Parks Department
Salary range: $12.00 – $14.00/hour